Mosquito Management Update
Overall, saltmarsh mosquito abundance was exceptionally low during season 2014/15.
A total of 17 aerial larvacide treatments were completed by the Peel Mosquito Management
Group (PMMG) between July 2014 and
June 2015 with some 2382 hectares of
mosquito breeding habitat treated.
Season 2015/2016 Outlook The PMMG has already begun mosquito reduction efforts for the coming season with the first aerial larvacide treatment completed on the 27th July. A total of 283 hectares of breeding ground was targeted. Click here to read more.
To read the latest news from the Mandurah Police including details of this month's Crime and Policing Forum at the Ac-cent Centre please click here.
Photos on Facebook
Thank you to everyone who helped make the
Dinner Dance such a fabulous success.
Visit us on facebook to see some great photos.
Please "like us" and share the love!
How the City of Mandurah is spending your S.A.R.
If you are a ratepayer on a property with a canal frontage in Port Mandurah you:
1. Pay an extra amount on your rates (currently 0.0025 in the $) which is called the Port Mandurah Specified Area Rate (SAR); and
2. You are automatically a member of the Port Mandurah Residents’
Association Inc. (PMRA)
The total amount of Port Mandurah SAR raised for 2014-15 was $59,893.
The amount spent was:
The City of Mandurah informs us that the balance in the Port Mandurah
reserve account is $439,415.
Volunteering at Ironman is a fun, fast and great way to learn what goes on
behind the scenes at this global event:
• 30 roles to choose from, catering to a variety of individuals.
• People and groups needed from Thursday 5 to Sunday 8 November 2015.
• Free t-shirt, hat, water and other IRONMAN branded goodies on the day!
Click here for more info. (Click on the red cross if you want to skip signing in.)